top of page


Approximately 97% of wildfire is extinguished on initial attack.  The other 3% take up the most resources.  Despite more and more resources being provided to fight fire “during” incidents, wild fire on our landscape is an un-avoidable reality.  The Yakima Valley Fire Adapted Communities Coalition is working together to take action that lowers the risk of loss to wildland fire.  Learn about resources you might use before a wild fire and decrease your risk and maybe even decrease the cost of fighting that fire.

Fire Adapted Community Sites
Yakima Resources
Plan Partners
bottom of page